PowerMEMS 2010Date: 30th November 2010 - 3rd December 2010
Location: Leuven, Belgium
The Micro and Nanotechnology for Power Generation and Energy Conversion Applications (PowerMEMS) series of workshops is the premier forum for researchers working on energy harvesting. Technical topics include:
- Energy harvesting for remote sensors and microsystems
- Thermoelectric and photovoltaic materials and systems
- Piezoelectric, electrostatic and electromagnetic conversion
- Energy management and microsystem integration
- Nanostructured materials for energy and thermal management
- Biologically-inspired energy conversion and cooling
Confirmed invited speakers (and the title of their talk) include:
- Prof. Dr. Peter Notten, Energy Materials and Devices group, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands "3D all-solid-state batteries: an challenging route towards autonomous integrated devices"
- Prof. Dr. Yuji Suzuki, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan "Development of a MEMS Energy Harvester with High-Perfomance Polymer Electrets"
- Dr. Pelle Rangsten, VP Engineering, NanoSpace AB, Uppsala, Sweden, "Six-Wafer-Stack MEMS Thrusters in Space"
Further Information: http://www.powermems.org/