Micro Energy 2017Date: 3rd July 2017 - 7th July 2017
Location: Gubbio, Italy
The conference topic is 'energy at small scales' and it is organised into 4 different sessions:
Session I - *Micro energy harvesting*
- Energy transformation processes at micro and nano scales, mathematical models, harvesting efficiency, thermoelectric, photovoltaic, electrostatic, electrodynamic, piezoelectric, harvesting in biological systems, novel concepts in energy harvesting.
Session II - *Micro energy dissipation*
- Noise and friction phenomena, fundamental limits in energy dissipation, Landauer bound, heat dissipation, thermodynamics of non-equilibrium systems, stochastic resonance and noise induced phenomena.
Session III - *Micro energy storage*
- High performance batteries, super capacitors, micro-fuel cells, non-conventional storage systems
Session IV - *Micro energy use*
- Autonomous wireless sensors, zero-power computing, zero-power sensing, IoT, approximate computing, energy aware software, transient computing.
After the conference we plan to publish the proceedings in the form of regular articles in a major science journal (negotiation in progress). We expect to have at the conference some of the most influential scientist in the field of micro energy, both from academia and industry (please see the list of invited speakers here: http://www.microenergy2017.org/program.html). We expect also the participation of representatives from funding agencies as the FET unit of European Commission and the ONRG. Please note that, co-located with the conference there will be also the NiPS Summer School 2017 http://www.nipslab.org/summerschool (June 30-July 3).
During the conference there will be a rich social program, exclusively reserved to the participants and accompanying persons, that includes:
- Gala banquet in a mediaval monastery structure with medieval music
- Classical music concert in a church chiostro
- Guided excursion though the roman and medieval Gubbio
- Welcome cocktail with costume flag throwing exhibition
Moreover, at the same time of the Micro Energy 2017 international conference, Gubbio will be the set of a popular science festival with initiatives for kids, young students and the public at large, with scientific cafes, interactive exhibits, hands-on laboratories and science dissemination events. Please mind the relevant deadline:
Mar 1 2017, deadline for contributed oral/posters
Mar 15 2017, notification of acceptance oral/posters
Apr 15 2017, end early registration
May 15 2017, end late registration
If you want to submit a paper or poster please use the following link: http://www.microenergy2017.org/submission.html
If you need any further information please do not hesitate to cantact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Information: http://www.microenergy2017.org