Nanoenergy 2013Date: 10th July 2013 - 13th July 2013
Location: Perugia, Italy
The first International Conference on Nanoenergy will be held in Perugia, Italy during July 10-13 2013.
The aim of Nanoenergy2013 is to bring together researchers, engineers, academicians as well as industrial professionals from all over the world and from different disciplines interested in the subject of micro and nanoscale energies. Energy at small scales is a cross-disciplinary field that covers both theoretical and experimental aspects of fundamental and applied sciences ranging from nanotechnology to statistical physics, from computer science to biomedicine. This conference, supported by the European Commission through the "Toward zero power" initiative, provides opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas and application experiences face to face, to establish business or research relations and to find global partners for future collaboration.
Topics of the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Energy transformation processes and dissipation at micro and nanoscale
- Non equilibrium thermodynamics of small systems
- Magnetic and Nanomechanical Logic principles and devices
- Bioenergetics and bio-inspired low energy computation
- Energy harvesting for powering micro and nano devices
- ICT-Energy: switch architectures and zero power computing
- Energy aware algorithms and software strategies for low power computing
- Low power distributed sensor networks
- Landauer limit: theory and experiments
- Stochastic Resonance, Noise and fluctuations phenomena in small systems
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceeding as a special edition of Nanoenergy letters and will be online available in full text. The excellent papers presented at the conference (after length extension) will be be reviewed and published on Nano Energy.
Conference chair: Prof. Luca Gammaitoni, NiPS Laboratory, Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita di Perugia, IT.
Conference co-chair: Prof. Zhong Lin Wang, School of Materials Science and Engineering. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA.
In connection with the NANOENERGY2013 conference, NiPS Laboratory organizes a Summer School on "Energy management at micro and nanoscales". Further information at http://www.nipslab.org/summerschool2013.
- Paper Submission (2 pages extended abstract) Before April 1, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance On April 15, 2013
- Early Registration deadline May 1, 2013
- Final registration deadline June 1 2013
- Conference Dates July 10-13 2013
Further Information: http://www.nanoenergy2013.eu