CfP: IET MAP Special Issue on RF Energy HarvestingDate added: Wednesday 8th August 2012
The IET Journal on Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation is producing a special issue on RF Energy Harvesting and Wireless Power Transfer For Autonomous Sensors. The submission deadline is 31 Jan 2013.
Recent progress in radio frequency energy harvesting technologies and wireless power transfer is paving the way towards a vision for autonomous sensor operation, enabling and creating numerous applications towards a 'smarter' and 'greener' planet. This is becoming possible through significant developments in low power circuit and sensor design, new applications and a recognised need for sustainable energy sources. There are numerous challenges to be addressed, such as highly efficient and compact antennas and voltage conversion circuits, system architectures, signal design for maximum power transfer, and the trade-off between information and power transmission. This has carved out an area rich in research and innovation potential, where only a few years ago such solutions were beyond the realms of possibility. This special issue aims to address all these topics, inviting contributions from leading researchers around the world.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Antenna design and optimisation for power harvesting
- Energy harvesting and power management circuits
- Multiple technology harvesting modules
- Efficient energy and voltage conversion circuits
- Circuit and system level simulation and propagation modeling
- Wireless energy transfer systems for electric vehicles
- Waveform design for wireless energy transfer
- Simultaneous energy and information transmission
- Low power sensors and RFID
- System performance and optimisation
- Applications such as biosensors, smart grid wireless sensor networks, mobile phone sensors etc
- Future trends, challenges, expectations and applications
Proposed publication schedule:
Deadline for submission of papers: 31 Jan 2013
Authors to receive a 1st decision by: 30 April 2013
Final notification of acceptance: 30 June 2013
On-line and print publication: November 2013
A PDF of the Call for Papers can be <a href="files/iet-map-cfp.pdf">downloaded here</a>.
Further Information: http://digital-library.theiet.org/IET-MAP