Institut d’Electronique du Sud UMR5214 (Capteurs Composants Systèmes)Address: Université Montpellier 2 - cc/084 Place Eugène Bataillon 34095 Montpellier CEDEX 5
IES is able to provide technological and scientific solutions for the observation, measurement and analysis of the physical phenomena surrounding us and thus participate in resolving some of the societal issues encountered at the beginning of the 21st century (energy, water, food, health, urban planning, safety, evolution climate, pollution etc ...).
To retain its position at the cutting edge of innovation and fully comprehend the ever more demanding and complex needs and expectations in terms of measurement, the scientific strategy of IES over the next three years is primarily directed towards the technical and scientific development of components and systems which must enable enhanced :
- Integration (miniaturisation, nanotechnologies, integration of power components...)
- Efficiency (sources/detectors in the IR and THz spectral range, low noise components).
- Communication (increase in pass-band, THz, RFID, aerials, etc...)
- Vectorisation (drones, pico-satellites, hydraulic probes, etc ...)
- Autonomous power supplies (energy efficiency, micro-power supplies...)
- Reliablity : (reliability of electronic components and materials, when in space and on the ground, in aggressive environments).