The EH Network ForumClick here to post a message to this thread (you must be a member).
Seeking Collaboration Parners"As requested, this forum is for our members to request and seek collaborative industrial and academic partners."
Thread created by Geoff Merrett on 18 Aug 2014
We are looking for an industrial partner for the TSB 'Energy harvesting for autonomous electronics' funding call. I am a PhD student in Electrical Engineering being supervised by Dr Jonathan Swingler at Heriot-Watt University. We are developing expertise in novel energy harvesting techniques such as raindrop energy harvesting and hybrid/combined energy harvesting systems.
Facilities we have in house:
- Fabrication and Prototyping of devices
- Testing and failure analysis
We have expertise in:
- Energy harvesting mechanisms such as photovoltaic, thermoelectric, piezoelectric and electromechanical machines
- Reliability, physics of failure, ageing, condition monitoring and asset management
We are looking for help with:
- understanding real world operating conditions
- input on being able to solve real problems
- be able to scale up from academic prototypes to commercial products
For more information on research facilities and expertise please have a look at the following links:
For more details on the funding call please see the following link:
We would love to hear from if you would be interested in collaborating with our research group. We would be happy to answer any questions and work on a proposal for the TSB funding.
Message posted by on 20 Aug 2014.